This workshop will give you the skills and knowledge to create a lined Roman Blind.
Through discussion, demonstration and making samples this workshop aims to show students how to sew lined Roman Blinds with confidence. The sample you take home will give you a guide to enable you to make your own Roman Blind to furnish your home.
This workshop is suitable for anyone who can sew basic stitches and use a sewing machine.
- Brief introduction of various workshop items and equipment, poles and tracks
- Health & Safety
- Discussion on blind styles and headrail systems
- How to measure for various windows including bay windows
- How to calculate fabric quantities
- How to allow for seams, turnings and pattern repeats
- How to cut out “square”
- How to calculate space between rod pockets
- How to cord blinds professionally
All workshop materials are provided – just bring you own sewing machine.
Please contact Julie at Dimity Button for workshop dates.