This workshop will enhance your curtain making abilities and give you the skills and knowledge to make a working sample of a lined and interlined curtain with a hand pleated heading. Through discussion, demonstration and making samples, this workshop aims to show students how to sew a sample to take home to give you a guide to enable you to make your own interlined hand pleated curtains to furnish your home.
This workshop is suitable for anyone who has basic hand sewing skills and can use a sewing machine and wishes to enhance their current skills.
- Brief introduction of various workshop items and equipment, poles and tracks
- Health & Safety
- How to measure for curtains
- How to calculate pattern repeats
- How to calculate fabric quantities
- How to calculate pleats and spaces
- Discussion on triple/double pleats/goblets
- How to cut fabric and linings
- How to interlock interlinings to linings
- How to mitre corners
- How to insert lead penny weights
- How to insert buckram and sew pleats
- How to hang and dress finished curtain
Tea/coffee and light lunch provided.
All workshop materials are provided – just bring your own sewing machine.
Please contact Julie at Dimity Button for workshop dates.