This workshop will give you the skills and knowledge to create beautiful lined curtains.
Through discussion, demonstration and making samples this workshop aims to show students how to sew lined curtains with confidence. The sample you take home will give you a guide to enable you to make your own curtains to furnish your home.
This workshop is suitable for anyone who has basic hand sewing skills and can use a sewing machine.
- Brief introduction of various workshop items and equipment, poles and tracks
- Health & Safety
- How to measure for curtains
- How to calculate pattern repeats
- How to calculate fabric quantities
- How to cut fabric and linings
- How to mitre corners
- How to insert lead penny weights
- How to attach heading tape
- How to hang and dress finished curtain
Tea/coffee and light lunch provided.
All workshop materials are provided – just bring you own sewing machine.
Please contact Julie at Dimity Button for workshop dates.